I just returned from the pediatrician's office...for the third time in four days. I think maybe I should just buy a permanent spot in the office. HA! Anyway, little Caroline was miserable last night, so I called first thing this morning and managed to get an appointment at 11am. So off the Hughes girls went to see our favorite Dr. W. We were seen almost immediately and they checked her breathing, blood oxygen levels, etc. Monday she had been diagnosed with the croup. Today the poor child was diagnosed with a laundry list of problems! As Dr. W put it...we took care of 90% of pediatric illnesses in one visit...lovely. She has a double middle ear infection, still has the croup and now also has viral bronchiolitis. Bummer! So we walked out with a prescription for amoxicillan (however you spell that) for her ear infection and a prescription for a nebulizer. Apparently this is some kind of steam breathing apparatus thing that we will have to give her 4 times a day to help with her wheezing and coughing. Poor thing! :( We already picked up the amox. and the medicine for the nebulizer. We are now waiting on our health provider to deliver the nebulizer and train us on how to use to darn thing. Fun stuff! The good news is that it is mild enough not to require hospitalization. :) So now we just stick close to home and keep her calm (not hard to do since she is Christopher's mini!) and give her the medicine! I must say I am very glad this did not happen with Katherine...calm has never been a part of her vocabulary, so it would have been much more of a challenge with her!
Well I"m off to take care of our little pumpkin! Hopefully my next post will report healthy little munchkins!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment