So we officially survived the week of "modified bed rest." Yeah!! Katherine did surprisingly well although she did get a little cranky that Mom wasn't able to pick her up. Luckily we have plenty of other arms around at night to pick her up and carry her around to her heart's content! She's so spoiled! :) It was definitely a blessing to have my parents here as poor Christopher worked every single night until 11pm or later. The shop was moving some electrical stuff around for Sam's Club here in town and of course you can only do that work in non-store hours...so he had some really late nights. I know he was worn slam out by Friday. Luckily they were able to finish everything, so he should have a more tame week this week. Or let's hope anyway! :)
This weekend was a full weekend of church and demolition. I am the clerk of our Session and my mom was just elected to be an Elder on the Session. So Saturday morning mom and I had a short meeting for the new elders at church, then Saturday night she was installed at the 6pm worship service. Sunday we had normal Sunday school and then we had to go to the 10:30am worship service for 2 other new elders to be installed/ordained to the Session. Phew! The weekend was great, but definitely a lot of administrative stuff for me (I have to take minutes at all of those meetings). I managed to get everything typed up and submitted yesterday afternoon while K took a nap. :) Chris and Dad on the other hand had a FULL weekend of demolition! This weekend was demo the master bath weekend at Mom and Dad's house. So Chris and dad took to hammers and chisels and busted out tile floors, tile shower, drywall, tubs, you name it, it got destroyed! They must have hauled 3 or 4 truck loads of stuff off to the dump this weekend. Both boys were wiped out by yesterday afternoon. Breaking up concrete is not so fun.
I was able to go to the grocery store for the first time yesterday afternoon and it was slightly fun! (I normally hate grocery shopping!) I think I was just excited to no longer be confined to the house! hehe.
As far as baby names, i think we are FINALLY getting at least a little bit closer to a name. We still have a pretty long list and nothing definite, but we at least talked about it this weekend! Whoo hoo for progress!!! Maybe number 2 won't be nameless for too long after birth! :) :)
I am feeling great, although I think the baby is definitely super low because boy does my pelvis hurt now! I had the same thing with Katherine, but I totally forgot about it! haha. My next doctor's appointment is on Friday, so I guess we will see what he says then. By then I will be 35 weeks 1 day pregnant and the baby (if it stays on the same growth pattern as our last ultrasound) will be measuring about 36 1/2 weeks. 37 weeks is considered "term" for pregnancy, so as the nurses said at the hospital, after the baby hits that mark, all bets are off. hahaha.
Well I am going to go help Miss Katherine get dressed for the day...she's very particular about what outfit we pick out for the day now. Ugh! :)
Have a great Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment