Thursday, June 18, 2009

36 Weeks!

Well we made it to the 36 week mark. Yay! Since the baby has been measuring a week or so ahead this whole time the doctor said that she would be considered a "term" baby if she came at this point. Whoo hoo! We have officially 4 weeks left until my due date, but let's hope that little one decides to come a little bit early. It's getting HOT out there! :) And before you ask...YES she is still without a name. We are getting closer, but still nothing definite. Arrgghh!! Oh well! Katherine has now started calling her "2." So hopefully that nickname doesn't stick! haha.

I have been slightly annoyed the past two weeks as I have had to see the other doctor in my OB's practice, but today she was much nicer than last week, so that is a good thing. My poor regular OB, whom I love, has been out in emergency surgery, a slipped disk in his neck and today a family emergency with his father who wasn't expected to make it through the night. Talk about going through the ringer! Let's hope all settles down before little one decides to arrive because I am not a huge fan of the other doctor in his practice.

This week has been slammed full of activities as I have been volunteering at church with our Vacation Bible School Program. Luckily they have a nursery for Volunteer's kiddos that are too young to participate, so Katherine has been having a BLAST this week. I have been helping in the office and I swear I never knew how much organization went into these programs! We have 257 kids and 169 volunteers! It's basically organized chaos from 8am until noon. Today was water day and the fire department came and sprayed the fire hoses down these huge water slides for the kids. I can definitely say that kids had a blast...Katherine included! She waltzed right up to one of the high schoolers, sat down in his lap and went right down the water slide, squealing the whole way. I wish I'd had a camera on me! SO cute! After she went the other little ones decided they might like to try as well. Too funny. We have one more day of VBS and then we are going to attempt to rest this weekend! I'm worn slam out!

Next week should be rather calm with just a check up for Miss Katherine and my regular weekly appointment at the OB. I guess now, we just wait for baby #2 to show up! :)

No comments: