In the meantime, we have been pretty busy for the past week or so. Last week Katherine and I had Vacation Bible School (VBS) all week long. I survived the heat and all the running around, although I was worn slam out by the end of the week! Katherine was worn out, but still raring to go! She still asks every morning whether we are going to "church agim." Translation: Church again. It's very cute. Last Friday we were all invited to the Beckwith's house to play with Katherine's FAVORITE person Laney. Laney is a rising 5th grader that has totally bonded with Katherine at church. So we went over and spent the evening in the pool with Laney, her parents and her two sisters. Let me tell you, Katherine thought she was queen of the ball! There are a few pictures below from that. They had a blast. It was a nice break for me as we had so many people to watch Katherine that I was able to just sit and eat my dinner. Aaahhh! :)
Saturday Chris and I had a date night!!! It was so much fun! We went to see "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock and then had dinner at a local restaurant Enigma here in town. Very good food and cute movie! I of course forgot that going to a movie while nine months pregnant is probably not the best idea. So in the middle of the movie I had to use the bathroom so bad, i thought I was going to pop! Of course we were sitting in the middle of the theater with people on both sides of us, so I managed to hang on to the end of the movie and make a dash for the bathroom after it was over. Phew! Note to self...bladder does not have enough room to sit continuously through a 2 hour movie! We got home in time to put Katherine to bed and crash for the night.
Sunday we went to church and then to my grandparents house for lunch. Then we came home, all of us took a nap and then grilled steaks for dinner! Yummy!! This was not only Father's Day, but also our 6 year anniversary!! Can you believe it's been 6 years already?! Time flies!
Monday was a boring day to do laundry and catch up on stuff around the house I had put off last week during VBS.
Tuesday, Katherine had a check up at her doctor's office and got two shots. :(Poor little one was NOT happy with the shots at all. But she was very proud of her band aids and Barbie sticker that she got afterwards. :) So far no crazy reactions to the shots, but one of them said it could take 1-2 weeks before the fever and rash occur...ugh! Good thing I took her in before baby #2 arrived...a newborn and a grumpy toddler...not a good combination!
I think that about sums up our week! Nothing much scheduled or planned over the next three weeks, so we'll just be hanging out and waiting on #2 to arrive. :)

Katherine hamming it up for the camera.

Katherine and Katie (Kathryn)
Katherine, Laney (in orange) and Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment