Well I have been on modified bed rest now for 6 days...with a 2 year old! Ha! That just makes me laugh, because it's not really bed rest when you have a two year old, it's more like, stay seated/lay down as much as possible...or at least half of the time. I've actually done pretty well, but I'm starting to get a little stir crazy. I get up and get showered and dressed...to go sit on the couch. Luckily I am only have normal Braxton-Hicks contractions now (meaning not regular and no more than 1 or 2 an hour), so I have a feeling that we still have a while before the nameless one joins us.
Katherine has been pretty good about the fact that I can't pick her up, but there have been moments when it is impossible not to pick her up...for example when she decided to pick up dead carpenter ants and Mom freaked out and decided that washing the hands in the kitchen sink was REQUIRED at that very moment! Yuck! We just had the house sprayed for bugs, so we have had an influx of dead ants, which thankfully are subsiding since they are all dying off! :) She has taken to her big girl bed like a champ and every morning wakes up and runs into my room and has the biggest smile on her face. She was pretty funny yesterday afternoon after her nap. I heard a creaking upstairs and figured she had woken up from her nap, so I went to the bottom of the stairs and listened. Well I guess she heard me, because the next thing I hear is "BANG" then the stomping of feet running back into her room and thump. She had run, jumped back in bed and covered herself up, so that by the time I got up there all you could see were here little eyes peeping out. It looked like she was thinking "maybe she'll go away if I'm totally covered up." It was really funny.
Yesterday we made up the crib, so it is now raised to the height for an infant and all made up for baby #2. I know that we had the crib set up exactly like this for Katherine, but I really don't remember it ever looking like that! Funny how fast you forget things like that! Katherine was quite shocked when she walked into her "old room" and saw that the crib was now completely different looking. She's still slowly getting used to the idea of a baby sister, but I don't think she will really understand it until the baby actually arrives.
Well I guess that's about all the updates we have for now. Luckily my parents and hubby have been a HUGE help since I am basically sidelined. I haven't had to do much of anything other than watch Katherine during the day and fix lunch. Last night Christopher even treated me to a hot fudge sundae and a trip out of the house (I'm going a little CRAZY here all day long!). It was really nice, and this morning my parents treated me to breakfast at the Blueberry Muffin (our favorite local breakfast spot) since Katherine woke up SO early this morning. I'm definitely spoiled!!
I will try to take pictures of Katherine's big girl bed later today to post and of the nursery reconfigured for an infant. Katherine's room is no where near complete, as we just have her bed on the floor...I figured she's such a restless sleeper that we should wait on putting up the frame and everything until after she gets the hang of this bed business. So once she has fully adapted, then we'll put her headboard and frame up as well as the other twin and dresser that will go in her room with her. Then we will finally be able to hang pictures once the furniture is all placed. It's still super cute with just her curtains and bed all made up.
Have a great day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment