One thing I have learned is to be VERY patient with parents traveling with young children. This is what we had to carry with us in addition to the three large suitcases that were checked at the ticket gate:
1 stroller
2 car seats
1 car seat base (for Caroline's seat)
1 boppy (for nursing Caroline on the plane)
2 diaper bags full of toys, diapers, change of clothes, etc.
2 children
I think we looked like a rolling train rather than parents with two kids in tow walking through the airport. HA!
Once in Virginia we went to CiCi and PaPa's house for some R&R. Monday morning we had breakfast with the Vails, Youngs and Hughes families and then Chris and I went off to shop at Stoney Point outdoor mall...in 38 degree weather with a windchill of what felt like 0 degrees...what were we thinking?! Needless to say we didn't last long and were shortly back in the car with the heat blasting. :)
Tuesday and Wednesday were spent at the Rivah visiting with the Vails, the Twins and Taylor. The all brought Katherine and Caroline more Christmas presents...boy is she SPOILED!!! She loved visiting with them and they actually gave her her bath, so she was THRILLED about that. :)
Thursday was a lazy day around the Hughes house. The girls and Chris and I went to the mall to look for some jeans, but didn't find what we were looking for. After that we came home and lounged around the house until dinnertime. We have a wonderful dinner by CiCi and then we started the epic 3 hour bedtime battle. Ugh. Katherine finally succumbed at about 2 hours, but Caroline...OH NO...she wanted to party, so I finally got her to sleep around 10:45...I was pooped!
Today looks to be another relaxing day with a visit with friends thrown in there somewhere. Let's hope anyway! :) Tomorrow will be crazy as we return to FL. Our flight is smack dab in the middle of nap time...so I"m hoping they both sleep...but I have a feeling instead they will both be cranky...I'll let you know how it went when we get home!! :)
We're on the plane and ready to go!
Katherine and PaPa
Caroline playing with her new laptop from CiCi and PaPa.
CiCi and Caroline at the Rivah.
Connie and Katherine opening gifts.
Gran and Katherine playing dolls.
Caroline all bundled up to go out to dinner...I don't think she liked the winter gear too much...
Katherine helping PaPa open his Christmas presents...that FINALLY arrived.
Caroline and PaPa.
No comments:
Post a Comment