Happy New Year to you all from The Hughes Family!!! :)
Last night they were all talking about the end of a decade, so I decided to think back over everything that has happened since 2000...man have we had a busy decade! Here is a brief overview of the Corell (since I was a Corell in 2000)/Hughes decade:
2000:
Christopher was a Plebe at West Point and I was a Freshman at James Madison.
My parents moved to Indiana at New Years in 2000.
2001:
I transferred to UVa in August 2001 and joined Jubilate.
Christopher was still at West Point...not much changes for him in these years!
My parents moved to Clearwater, FL.
2002:
I had an internship with PwC in Washington D.C. and was given a job offer in D.C.
We got engaged!!! Labor Day weekend 2002.
Chris went to Italy on CTLT, branched Artillery and posted to Fort Bragg, NC.
I changed my job offer from DC to Raleigh, NC.
My parents moved AGAIN to Melbourne, FL.
2003:
I graduated.
Chris graduated.
We got married!!
Honeymooned in Bermuda, then packed it up and headed West to Fort Sill, OK for Officer Basic Course.
Bought our first house in Fayetteville, NC and I moved in during August to start work in September.
Chris came home from OBC the week before Christmas.
2004:
Chris deployed to Iraq January - April.
I worked myself to death (avg. 100-120 hours per week).
We adopted our "first born" Colby, a yellow lab.
I started looking for a new job and in the Fall we were told that Chris would be medically discharged.
Keturah quit PwC in December and moved to Melbourne, FL.
2005:
Chris and Dad bought Eau Gallie Electric in January.
We sold our Fayetteville house.
Chris was finally discharged from the Army.
We bought a house in Satellite Beach, FL.
I started work for my Mom...then quit and went to work for another accounting firm.
2006:
Rented the Satellite house and bought a house in Viera, FL.
We found out we were pregnant in June!
2007:
I quit working and started doing Chris's books from home.
Katherine was born!!
2008:
We found out we were pregnant with Caroline in October.
2009:
My parents sold their house.
We sold both of our houses and rented a house...directly across the street from my parents!
Caroline was born!!!
Whew! What a decade!!
Here's to hoping that 2010-2019 will be just as great!
No comments:
Post a Comment