Friday, January 18, 2008

Babies, Babies, Everywhere!

It seems like everyone we know has either just recently had a baby or are expecting a new arrival in the coming months! Chris and I are both very excited for all of the new/expanding families! Just keep those horomones away from us for a while! Ha! We are not anywhere close to ready for a second kiddo. Katherine is WAY more than we can handle at the moment. She is definitely a sweet child, but boy is she demanding! She wants all eyes on her at all times...and if she doesn't get it...look out! The kiddo has some lungs like an opera singer! :)

I swear Katherine is changing by the day still. She has now figured out how doors work and that she can get away from mommy by crawling. I used to be able to sit her on the floor turn around pick something up and she would be relatively in the same spot I left her....not anymore! This morning, I put her on the floor and went to let Colby out of his house, when I turned around she had opened the bedroom door and was crawling in warp speed away from me, just grinning from ear to ear. I started going after her and she realizes she's being chased and she just starts laughing! She thinks it's one big game! She's so funny. She has also realized that she can stand up now...but has apparently forgotten how to sit down. Scary I'm sure when you can't even talk! So now, multiple times during the day I look over to see her standing up straight and tall and screaming her head off. I proceed to go over and show her how to sit down, only problem is she is so worked up, she won't let go! Poor thing. By the time we get her hands pried off of the gate and into a safely seated position...she is in a frenzy and past the point of consolation. I'm hoping this stage passes rather quickly... :) Well I must run...the rug rat is off to the races!

Until next time!

1 comment:

Freakley Family said...

Babies! Babies! Everywhere! Thanks for the post on our blog! Glad you got my email! Keep updating us on that little cutie! :-)