Today is Katherine's 11 month birthday! I can hardly believe we are one month away from the big first birthday! She has been a mess this morning. She has now figured out how to rock herself back and forth in her high chair so that it will scoot across the floor. Luckily the high chair won't tip over, but it does scoot right across our kitchen floor...even with the breaks on the wheels. She took much delight in this fact this morning while I was attempting to vacuum the floors. Every time I looked up, she was scooting one way or the other. Crazy child! Last night she had her first taste of Cheerios! So far she seems to like them pretty well. She munches them right up with her four front teeth. Then when she's sick of eating, she just starts feeding Colby...he doesn't mind one bit! She has also decided in the past few days that she REALLY likes her "singing" voice. So all day yesterday and so far this morning we have been graced with a LOT of "singing." Now if only she could learn how to manage her volume, we would be all set! Yesterday we were in the library looking at books and she decided that she needed to try out her voice in there...just to make sure it still worked. Mommy grabbed the first book in front of her face and high-tailed it out of the library with many patrons giving me "the look" as we passed. Oh well. I guess at least she was happy and not screaming in frustration! haha I used to laugh at poor mothers who were trying to quiet their little ones as I thought it was cute the kids were talking....now I just want to duck under the nearest table and hide! hahaha.
We just found out yesterday that CiCi and Grandpa Hughes are coming for a visit for Katherine's Birthday!! We are SO excited! Looks like Katherine will have TONS of family surrounding her for her first birthday party...now Mommy needs to get some planning done! :) Everything has to be perfect...even though she won't know the difference! OH well. :)
Well I should run, the "vocally gifted child" (as her pediatrician calls her) is finally asleep for her morning nap, so I can actually get some real cleaning done!
Happy 11 Month Birthday Katherine!
Have a happy Wednesday!
We just found out yesterday that CiCi and Grandpa Hughes are coming for a visit for Katherine's Birthday!! We are SO excited! Looks like Katherine will have TONS of family surrounding her for her first birthday party...now Mommy needs to get some planning done! :) Everything has to be perfect...even though she won't know the difference! OH well. :)
Well I should run, the "vocally gifted child" (as her pediatrician calls her) is finally asleep for her morning nap, so I can actually get some real cleaning done!
Happy 11 Month Birthday Katherine!
Have a happy Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment