Well I have noticed in the past few months that many of our friends with young children have started blogs to update family and friends on the new "happenings" with their family. I should have gotten on the ball with this and started one when Katherine was first born, but like everything else I blinked and now Katherine is just a few weeks away from turning 1! Yikes! It doesn't feel like it has been a year, but at the same time my labor and delivery feels like it was forever ago...strange!
We are off to a fast start in 2008. We spent the last part of 2007 in Virginia with family and had a blast. We came back to Florida for the New Year and it was FREEZING! We thought we would come home to fun in the sun...no such luck! The "winter" in Florida is now over and we are back into mid-70s to 80s...LOVE IT! Katherine has been enjoying wearing all of her new outfits that she received for Christmas and is growing like a weed! She is now 28" long and around 17 1/2 pounds. She's also into everything, although her favorite go to items when she gets to crawling seem to be electrical wires and trash cans...I think because she knows she isn't supposed to be near either! You can't leave her for a second or we have trash everywhere and her hands will be on electrical wires! AAGGHH!!
Chris and I are staying busy entertaining and redirecting Katherine from "no-no's" to her toys, as well as keeping really busy at the shop. With Katherine's first birthday rapidly approaching we are looking forward to her first birthday party and her transition to whole milk and "big people" food! So far she only likes fruit. We tried giving her a little baked potato the other night...it did not go over well. She spit it right back out and shivered like it was the worst thing she had ever tasted! I guess we will just keep trying!
I don't have any new pictures downloaded at the moment, but I will update this with new pictures and progress updates on the whole family. Hope you enjoy!
Keturah, Chris and Katherine
No comments:
Post a Comment