I just got home from my LAST doctor's checkup this pregnancy!! YAY!!! We were officially cleared for induction on Thursday night/Friday morning. So Baby Hughes #2 should arrive sometime on Friday. :) :) This is good for two reasons, 1) I'm SOOO ready to be done! and 2) Friday is my Grandaddy Corell's birthday! How neat is that?! So unless this one decides to come on her own time frame, looks like we'll have a birthday on 7/10/09!
Now for the bad news...my doctor that I normally see and who delivered Katherine will not be delivering baby number 2 unless she comes tonight or tomorrow. :( Major bummer. He is having surgery on a herniated disk in his neck on Friday. :( SO...I have to go meet the new doctor either tomorrow or Thursday morning before heading to the hospital. Not too thrilled about that, but it is what it is! My poor OB has had a rough few weeks as his father passed away last week and he was told if he didn't have the surgery ASAP he would have permanent damage to his neck. Not a fun position to be in. I thought he was going to cry when he told me he wouldn't be able to deliver baby #2. Poor guy!
In other news, Katherine is slowly learning to go potty on the big girl potty...but it's definitely not consistent, so we're taking it slow and at her pace. ;) The smile on her face when she goes on the potty is priceless! She's such a cutie!
I am finally over my cold...thank goodness! But now my dad and Christopher have it...and Katherine seems to be coming down with a runny nose today. So hopefully those three will get over it before Friday and I hope Mom doesn't get it at all! It could be an interesting week if not!
Our A/C downstairs died last Thursday and we STILL don't have a new unit installed. We are hoping that today or tomorrow, but as time wears on today, it's looking pretty unlikely that it will be either of those two. Ugh! My poor parents are having to sleep in 82 degree heat! It could be worse, but it's bad enough for sure! At least it hasn't been 100 degrees this week. :)
I think that about sums up what's going on in the Hughes household. Looks like Thursday and Friday are going to be slammed with action...new A/C, scheduled induction and Grandaddy Corell's bday! Guess when it rains it pours! :)
I'll be sure to post with baby news as soon as possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment