Friday, July 17, 2009

Caroline is 1 week old!

Well we survived one whole week and two days with two kiddos in the house! :) Phew! So far I have come to the conclusion that the second baby is much easier to deal with...I'm not sure if it's because I sort of know what I'm doing this time or if I just don't freak out as much at every little thing. The jury is still out on that decision, but overall the hardest part is no sleep. Caroline still has her nights and days mixed up, so it's a party in Caroline's room with mom ALL night long. We did have one good night of sleep, but other than that it's pretty much been 3-4 hours of sleep total a night for Mom. Katherine is still an early riser and is up and raring to go around 6:30am everyday, which makes for a LONG day for Mommy! :) Luckily Katherine has been taking really good naps around 2 in the afternoon, so from 6:30am until 2pm it's countdown to nap time for Mommy. hehe. I am usually able to get Katherine down for a nap, feed Caroline, get her down for a nap and then I can take one for about an hour. Man do naps feel great when you wake up! :)

Caroline is growing like a weed and eating like a champ. We go for her one week checkup this afternoon, so I guess we will find out if she's gaining weight or not. I have a feeling she's close to her birth weight already. She's definitely a lot skinnier than Katherine was a birth, so she looks kind of funny in all of Katherine's infant outfits. I guess that's what happens when you weigh 1/2 a pound less and are a full inch taller at birth!

Katherine is a HUGE help with her baby sister. She helps me give her a bath everyday and also helps bring diapers to me when it's diaper changing time. She is SO sweet. She gives Caroline at least 20 kisses a day and whenever Caroline is crying (usually at bath time) she immediately runs over and says "here, take my hand baby sister." SO sweet. :) I'm not sure if I have mentioned this in previous posts, but Katherine is OBSESSED with lemons. The kid will eat a lemon, rind and all, and not even make a face! I do not understand this phenomenon, but at least it's not candy! Ha! Today I was feeding Caroline and all of a sudden I heard "Help Mommy." Not in a panicked way, just in a I need help way. So I went into the living room to find her sitting on top of Colby's cage. She was apparently trying to give him a treat. I do not even want to know how she climbed up there!

I am doing pretty good, other than being tired. I was super excited to get back into my "real" jeans yesterday. I was sick of maternity jeans! I feel like a real person now that I'm back in my pre-pregnancy clothes! I still have a little belly left to get rid of, but not too bad. :)

Well it's bath time for Caroline and Mommy, so I'll try to write more later. For now here are a few new pictures of my two girls! Enjoy!





Caroline 1 week old!





Sister stare off





All clean and ready for my day!


Conked out from eating...man is that hard work!


Sister love


What Mommy? I'm just sitting on Colby's cage.




1 comment:

Amanda Smith said...

Oh LOVE the sister stare off picture! PRECIOUS! They are both so beautiful. You are going to have to put some negative on this blog to keep me from getting baby fever! HA HA!