Wow, the past month has FLOWN by. Yesterday I reached my 33 week point of pregnancy. Boy do I feel like a giant whale! I have varying responses to the size of my belly now from "wow you're tiny." And on the other extreme I had a lady at church a week or so ago look at me and say "oh, when is the baby due?" I of course replied "July." She looked at me with eyes about as big as saucers and said "THAT far away?!" Yes I know, I look like I swallowed a few watermelons, but you don't have to tell me that! hahaha. Anyway, I had my 33 week checkup yesterday and all is well. I now have to start going to the doctor every 2 weeks...ugh...but he still says that I am one of the healthiest pregnant ladies he has ever seen. Not sure how, but I'll take it! :) Now if only we could decide on a name for this baby we'd be all set! :)
As for everything else going on in our life it has been a whirlwind of a month! I'm not even sure I knew we were in May and here it is just days away from June! My parents are now living with us while they remodel their home across the street. Their plans for new floors, kitchen redo and painting were slightly altered due to the discovery of black mold in some of the bedrooms and spare bathrooms. So Dad and Chris have been working their tails off across the street to get things going so that the "long wait" items (kitchen cabinets and appliances) can be ordered! It's definitely a construction zone, but I know when it's finished it will be wonderful...and Mom will now be able to cook for an entire Army. :) Good thing she likes to cook so much! I can't say I'm sad that construction is going to take longer than anticipated because having my parents here has been a HUGE blessing since I am getting less and less mobile and more and more tired! The extra eyes and hands have been a huge help with the fearless and speedy Katherine.
In other news, we found out that our tenant in our beachside (meaing on the barrier island, not mainland) house turned it into a marijuana grow house on us and it was busted about a month ago by the police?! We were all completely astonished as about 3 weeks before the police raid we had driven by to check on the place and all looked well. Well not anymore! Luckily insurance will help repair the damages as it's vandalism, but I swear I have never seen anything in more of a wreck than that place right now! Every door in the entire house has been kicked or beat in by the police and there is dirt and plants ALL over the house. Not to mention the flea infestation and other miscellaneous damage. So, we have our hands full with that!
Chris made a trip to Virginia for Cory's graduation from Va. Tech on the 16th. He also managed to sneak in a visit to the Rivah and Richmond to see everyone there. He was gone from Friday to Wednesday and I swear it felt like about 2 months instead of 5 days! Katherine has hit the "anxiety" stage of the terrible 2s and swore that daddy was never, ever coming back home when he left. So we had on average 3-4 hours of sleep a night (and of course not all at once!) the entire time that daddy was away. Also during this time our dog (Colby) decided that he really wanted to eat our hibiscus plant in the back yard. Yeah...NOT a good idea. It is luckily not poisonous, but causes "persistent vomiting" in dogs. So after a full night of cleaning up vomit from Colby, calming Katherine down and letting the dog in and out all night long, we were DONE! The plants were cut down and hauled off the very next day. :) Too bad, because they are really pretty! Of course when Christopher returned home Katherine slept through the night again and acted like an angel for daddy. :)
Katherine has been growing like a weed lately. She still doesn't weigh very much, but she is getting really tall! She talks CONSTANTLY now and her favorite words at the moment are "NO!" "MINE!" "MOOOOOOOM!" and "GRAMMY!" Notice the all caps...she doesn't say anything quietly it's all said very LOUD and very forcefully! :) You definitely know where you stand with her! :) She is also getting more and more daring. We purchased a new refrigerator this week and as I was talking on the phone with our pastor, Katherine grabs onto the two handles, puts the bottoms of her feet on the refrigerator doors and shimmys (however you spell that) up the refrigerator?! I have NO idea what she was trying to do, but I just sat there shocked. I think she has a daredevil trait from her Uncle Cory in her. :) We have sort of started working on potty training with her, but she is clueless when she has to go, so it has pretty much been pointless. She has occasionally gone on the potty, but it's usually just luck that she happens to be sitting on the potty when she starts going. So I have really just been cleaning up a lot of accidents around the house. I think we may wait a while and try again as she gets really frustrated when she goes on the floor.
I think that about covers everything for the past month. We have less than 7 weeks until Baby Number 2 arrives in the Hughes household and we have a list about 10 miles long to accomplish before then...so she better not come early! :) We still haven't set up Katherine's "big girl room." But I think we will start on that this weekend or next. We still don't have a name...and aren't even close to picking one. :( And all of my infant clothes and stuff is still in storage. So I need to get all of that out, organized and washed! That wears me out just thinking about all of it! :)
I'll try to get some pictures to post this weekend...we haven't been very good lately at taking pictures. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment