Friday, April 24, 2009

Major Breakthrough and the Zoo

Well this week we had two major happenings in the Hughes family...the first is Katherine FINALLY let me put her hair up in pigtails. Until this week I have not even been allowed to brush her hair, much less put something in it. Occasionally she would let me put a barrette in, but it would only last a few minutes before she ripped it out. We have had a few battles over leaving the rubber bands in her hair, but I think we are getting the hang of it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway. I was getting sick of her constantly looking like she had just rolled out of bed with the worst case of bedhead ever!

Second, we went to the zoo...twice this week! The first time was with Lab School on Monday. It was an educational trip, so we were able to go into a classroom and touch a bunch of different animals...including a snake. I HATE snakes. Katherine LOVES them now. Ugh. I did manage to touch the Ball Python, but I swear that is the last time I ever want to be that close to any kind of snake! The just give my the willies! We also fed the giraffes. We went back today with some friends visiting from New Jersey and we able to stop off at the petting zoo and play with the animals in there. Katherine was quite fearless with them. She would just walk right up to them and pet them. It was very sweet. She also really liked the monkeys and jaguars. The jaguars were playing when we went by them and she just thought that was the funniest thing she had ever seen. It was very cute. We are worn out from being in the sun, but she is fighting off a nap this afternoon. I'm hoping she will eventually give up, cause Mommy is TIRED! :)

Here are some pictures! Enjoy!




Day 1:My very first ponytail!! A little messy, but I have my hair up!


Day 2: "Mommy, do I have to wear these?"


Day 3: I think I finally got the hang of this hair thing!


Look at the giraffes!


I'm not so sure about this guy.


This is the one we fed.


Bella I'll touch him if you will...


I like this guy...he's my size!


Drink you're water silly!


That was funny!!


I like the little guys. :)


Those jaguars are funny!

No comments: