Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cinnamon Bun time!!!

Well the Corell side of the family has a tradition each Christmas to make homemade cinnamon buns.  These things are "good enough to make your socks roll up and down" (as my Uncle Blake would say!).  Totally NOT healthy and take a lot of time to make, but SO worth the effort.  :)  This is the first year that Katherine has really been old enough (and would sit still long enough) to help!  So she helped me roll out the dough, put the cinnamon and sugar on and then watched very intently as I rolled up the dough, cut the buns into discs and dipped them in...Crisco.  Yes, I just said CRISCO!  YUCK!  Just thinking aobut that makes my arteries feel clogged.  But it sure does make the cinnamon buns DE-LICIOUS!  I only use Crisco once a year, so it's ok right?!  :)  The girls had a blast and I managed to capture some pictures of us while we baked.  I can't wait until next year when we will have the entire month of December off from school so we can bake up a storm!  Christmas cookies, cinnamon buns, and Christmas candy...LOOKOUT!  :)  My Grandma Corell would be so proud.  :)  I know she is looking down from Heaven just a smilin' ear to ear.  :)

Here are the future bakers!

Katherine putting come cinnamon on.  (Her hair was a mess since we just got home from school.)

All ready to be rolled, cut and put into pans for the last rising!  We did a good job!!

Caroline:  "Look Mommy, Kafrine baking."

Caroline gets a turn! 

No comments: