Well the Hughes household has been busy again...surprise, surprise!!! :) Both girls are growing so fast and provide hours of entertainment for Chris and I. Katherine is super duper smart in her preschool class, but also has been called the teacher's "challenge." She is very strong willed and knows what she wants, when she wants and how she wants it. I know that one day God will use that for His good purposes, but right now we are trying to channel those qualities for good instead of bad! :) I must say she has come a LONG way, but as always, there is still room for improvement! :) Her favorite things right now are Daddy, Gray Gray, PaPa, dance, PINK, PINK, PINK, and anything princess and sparkly. :) She can spell her name and is starting to recognize familiar words on signs and in books. I cringe at the thought that she will be reading soon! Lookout world!!! She has had some really funny quotes lately. One day I was talking to Chris about ordering a new windshield wiper for the back of my car (they apparently do not stock these in our local auto parts stores.). When I hung up the phone, Katherine said, "Mommy, I don't need a windshield wiper yet. I still just learning to drive." I said "Oh really? You are JUST learning to drive?" She replied "Yeah, you know, my pink Barbie Mustang. But soon I'll be ready for my wiper." HA! Then just last Friday night she looked up at me during dinner and said "Mom, I'm going to have 5 babies one day. They are going to sleep in Caroline's room." She then proceeded to name all 5...three of the names I could not decipher as they sounded like all vowels names, but two were Sandy and Beckwith. This absolutely cracked me up because Sandy Beckwith is one of our dear friends at church and Katherine LOVES her. :) So sweet! I also love the fact that her babies are going to sleep in Caroline's room. HA!
Caroline is now walking and running up a storm! There's no stopping her now! She LOVES to chase or be chased by Miss Katherine. And the two girls now play together pretty well. Katherine isn't always thrilled that Caroline wants to play with her toys, but overall they are SO sweet together. Caroline just laughs and laughs at her big sister. She also doesn't take getting pushed around. If Katherine starts steam rolling over her, Caroline just pushes right back! I think Katherine had better watch out, because Miss Caroline is strong! Right now her favorite things are Colby's bowls (GROSS!), dumping Colby's food out on the floor for him to eat (not Mommy's favorite activity), putting shapes into the proper place in her puzzle box, her sister, cuddling with CiCi, her Grammie, drinking anything and everything and food! She is a non-discriminatory eater. I love it! She will eat pretty much anything I put in front of her!!! She is the sweetest little thing!! :)
Here are some recent pictures...Enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment