Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Completely Wacky Tuesday!

So this week (Nov 2-6) has turned out to be the busiest week of the entire year for Christopher and I. He is so swamped at work (Praise the Lord!) that he has jobs going on in three different parts of the state, bids due in Tampa, Highways being shut down for them to install generators and mean while still trying to get other projects wrapped up before year end...yeah, just a little insane. So this week he is basically out of town the entire week. He was able to be home late last night (he had to vote!) and the night before, but every other night this week he is working round the clock. Yesterday he left the house at 4am and got home at 7pm...LONG DAY! Anyway, while he is running around like a chicken with his head cut off at work, the girls and I also have a crazy week planned. We have school activities, Small Group Bible Study is at our house tonight, and then add in that Dad is out of town which means that both girls go crazy. Not sure why, but that's what happens! Fun stuff!

So yesterday I popped out of bed at 6:30am (after having been up with Caroline 5 times in the night for no apparent reason), showered, dressed, got the girls up and at em and rushed out of the house to vote! Do not forget your civic duty! Anyway, luckily there were no lines! SCORE! I was in and out in 15 minutes...LOVE IT! Came home and immediately started cleaning for our Wednesday Bible study. I normally have a lady that comes to clean twice a month...but she's been on vacation, so our house is a DISASTER! I also got a wild hair up my sleeve that I needed to check some really bugging me things off of my long to do list. Like, fixing the broken cabinet door in the kitchen, touch up painting the family room and reorganizing the garage...yes I know...I've lost my mind! So the girls and I zipped off to Lowe's for supplies, came home. Reorganized the toy box, cleaned the entire downstairs, mopped the floors, cleaned the couches and under them (GROSS!), and then threw in a load of diapers to wash. I was clipping right along. So I decided to fix the cabinet door. Fixed it in a jiffy...just call me Mrs. Tim the Tool Man Taylor! I was feeling pretty darn good! Then...it happened, I walk into my laundry room to see about 2" of standing water...what the heck?! I immediately think one of the hoses must have come loose on the washer...NOPE. It's leaking from the BOTTOM! Ruh roh! Did I mention that Chris is MIA this week?! Yeah, so I call an appliance repairman...going to be a minimum of $250 to fix the thing...so I said "screw that!" As soon as naps were over, the girls and I hopped back in the car and went back to Lowe's. We picked out, purchased and arranged for delivery in under 30 minutes and we were back on the road home to fix dessert for Wednesday. Meanwhile, during the girls nap I decided to do my touch up painting...went out to the garage opened the can of paint...yeah, the last repairman left a metal grate in the paint...and it RUSTED in the paint. LOVELY! No touch up painting for me today!

Chris called and needed me to scan him his filled out sample ballot that he had forgotten at home. So I did that. He made it to the polls just in the nick of time! After he had driven ALL over the state...good job honey!

He came home just as the girls and I finished up a super gourmet dinner of cereal and I started in on making dessert for Wednesday. Man was I going to be ahead of the game! Yeah...just as I finish saying to Chris "aren't you proud of all I accomplished today...with the girls in tow?!" I realize that I have just made Chris's favorite dessert...and LEFT OUT THE MAIN INGREDIENT?! Good grief! By now it is 8pm and I'm exhausted. So I pack it in for the night and head up for baths and bedtime.

I swear I have never had a day so insane before! I'm sure there will be many more, but I think I'll stick to my normal run of the mill days from now on, thank you very much! In good news, I was able to get new dessert supplies and have the dessert almost ready for tonight. :)

Off to another wacky day in the Hughes household! :)

No comments: