Saturday, July 24, 2010

What a week!

So this week was supposed to be calm and relaxing for a change...yeah...not so much. Monday was ok and even seemed to look like we would have the relaxing week that I had hoped for! Chris and I dropped off my car at the shop to get the shocks replaced while my parents are out of town so that I could borrow Dad's truck. That was the only task on the agenda aside from swimming lessons, so we were golden!



Tuesday...yeah. It was pretty much all downhill from here. We had swimming lessons first thing in the morning...and then Caroline decided to refuse an afternoon nap. Ugh. Chris had an eye exam and got contacts for the first time. So he came home early and managed to sneak in with us to watch Katherine's dance lessons. This was a blessing because Caroline was CRAZY. If I had been by myself I would have lost my mind! She could not sit still for more than 5 seconds at a time, which is not cool when you are sandwiched in a small room like sardines watching the dance lesson while trying to keep a 1 year old entertained a quiet! After dance, we zipped to the mall to buy Chris some new sunglasses, since his current pair are prescription...doesn't work too well with the new contacts! After that, we rushed home and got the girls in bed...thank goodness because both were super tired when we got home.



Wednesday I had a lot of work to do for the shop, plus I needed to run errands and do laundry for Chris's trip to PA this weekend. So we ran around like chickens with our heads cut off...Caroline refused a nap yet again and then I decided to try and make a new dinner. Yeah...total failure. The stuff didn't even look edible, much less taste edible. It was a super healthy recipe, so I should have guessed it would turn out that way, but I didn't. So, we dumped the nasty stuff down the drain, went and picked up my car and then picked up Chinese on the way home. It was another late night in the Hughes household!



Thursday was called insane, running around errands day...and a full on meltdown to top it off. We started out the morning with Caroline waking up at 6:15am...ugh. This of course woke Katherine up over an hour early, so basically we just started the day off wrong. I ran to the bathroom...and I hear a spray bottle being sprayed. I yell to Katherine "Do not spray water in the house." Silence. I hurry up and run back to the kitchen and see a few sprinkles on the kitchen table...not too bad! So I go to pick up Caroline out of the high chair for a nap...yeah the poor kid is SOAKING wet. Her face and hair were drenched. She just looked up at my like "Oh, Hi Mom...I'm all wet! Isn't that funny?" Thank goodness for her sweet temperament! I get her down for a nap and come downstairs to find Katherine running around with scissors...Lord have mercy! So we have time out...and it's only 7:30am! I think at this point I should have just gone back to bed and started over...but I didn't!



We finally made it to swimming lessons at 10 and Katherine flat out refused to listen to anything. She was forced out of the pool for not listening, she and Ms. Carmen had a chat and they tried again...nada. So, then she really was taken out of the pool and lessons were over for the day. Full. On. Meltdown. I'm talking screaming, kicking, throwing herself around, biting, the works. The poor girl that goes after Katherine was absolutely horrified! While I was trying to calm Katherine down, Caroline was attempting to throw Ms. Carmen's camera in the pool...we were definitely a site to see! I finally wrangled both kids into the car and we went home for a much needed nap! After that it was off to Sam's club to stock up on bulk items and to pick up my new glasses! The girls were great on the way to Sam's and during our shopping...but on the way home, Katherine decided to slap Caroline in the face...lovely. We got home and both girls took a MUCH needed nap! I zipped around the house packing up Chris's stuff for the weekend, getting his computer ready and all the other stuff needed. When the girls woke up, we headed for the grocery store. On the way home from the grocery store we stopped and filled up Gray Gray's truck with gas and took it through the car wash...yeah...not their favorite thing. Both girls were SCREAMING. Katherine was in her seat screaming "GO! GO MOM! NOW! GET OUT OF HERE! GOOOOOOO!" By this point, I just thought it was funny...seriously, could I not get a break here?! So we got home, switched car seats over to my car and zipped back to the gas station to fill that one up since Chris was taking it in the morning and had to leave at 4am. We finally got home, got the car seats out of my car and were ready for dinner. I swear it was the longest day, I was so grateful when my head finally hit the pillow!



Friday was Day 1 of no hubby, no parents, and no tv (what was I thinking when I made that the punishment for her behavior on Thursday?! Cartoons are the only way I can get a shower!). Chris made it PA for Steve and Susan's wedding with no problems. Katherine had swimming lessons...and a meltdown. This meltdown caused me to pick Katherine up soaking wet, still in her bathing suit and haul her out to the truck. I put her in her car seat dripping wet and we went home. She was none to happy, but I think it proved a point. Katherine helped me fold clothes and was generally in a good mood! When Caroline woke up from her nap, we all had lunch and played around downstairs. Then both girls took a nap...Praise the Lord! When they woke up we all headed for the mall for a "girls date." We had fun and ended the night with a special treat of ice cream! Once I got the girls down for the night, I had the strong urge to CLEAN. So I did. I had a super clean kitchen and family room when I went to bed! It was very satisfying, but the wake up call at 7am by both girls was so NOT cool. :(



Saturday...was nuts! Our schedule today was jammed full of activities! We did birthday parties, church, shopping, cooking...it was insane. Oh...and did I mention still no tv?! We have managed to survive, but I am absolutely exhausted! I am so excited for my hubby to come home tomorrow I can hardly stand it! Tomorrows agenda includes taking lunch to GiGi and JoeJoe's, nap, and then dinner with Chris and my parents!!! WHOO HOO!!! I cannot wait!!!



On a total side note, I have had to drive either my dad's huge Toyota Tundra pickup or Chris's even bigger GMC Sierra diesel pickup this week. I was really apprehensive about driving either of them all week because they are HUGE...parking with these suckers...are you kidding me?! Well I am happy to report as of 10pm tonight, I DID IT! I didn't even have any close calls!!! Whoo hoo!!! Now let's hope tomorrow goes equally as well and then I get my cute little Honda Pilot back tomorrow night! :)



I'm off to sleep...my pillow is calling my name for a much needed date!