Our Easter started off definitely crazier than we anticipated as we received a call from my Mom at 5am Easter morning to tell us she was going to the hospital after she had passed out. WHAT?! I immediately flew across the street to see what was up as the ambulance and fire truck arrived (forget incognito here!). A bunch of factors caused mom's blood pressure to drop which caused her to pass out when she was headed to the bathroom around 5am. She was feeling nauseous and was convinced she was a having a heart attack and took a nitroglycerin...which caused her blood pressure to bottom out even further! Not a good thing, but luckily it was easily corrected at the hospital. Mom and Dad went off to the hospital, Mom in the ambulance and Dad following behind in his truck. Chris and I went back to our house to wait on the girls to wake up and see what the Easter Bunny had left them! We had a fairly low key Easter, but missed the sunrise service as we were waiting on word from Dad about Mom. By lunchtime, Mom was completely fine (although tired) and ready to come home...only hospital policy forbid it. So, she got to spend a lovely night in the Holmes Regional Medical Center. What better way to relax, than to be in a hospital...with an IV in your arm...and people checking your vitals every hour or so. Yeah....luckily she came home early the next morning and was fit as a fiddle.
Meanwhile, across town at the shop, Chris discovered that someone had broken into three of his trucks on Saturday night while we were sleeping. Lovely. They only stole a GPS out of the trucks, but smashed/damaged two car windows. So Chris spent the better part of Easter afternoon with the police making a report and gathering evidence from the "crime scene." Definitely not the Easter we anticipated!
The next week was chocked full of preparations for the absence of our secretary who was going out on medical leave for major heart surgery and the impending vacation for Chris, Caroline and I. I spent the beginning of the week getting our temp caught up on things she needed to know and then getting things in order for our trip!
Finally, on Saturday we were set to go! We only had a trip to the vet with Colby standing between us and vacation! Luckily, the trip was quick and we were on the road around 11am. This is our first vacation that doesn't involve family visits or business meetings since our honeymoon...that's 7 years?! I think we were long overdue! Katherine is on a special vacation with Grammie and Gray Gray and Caroline is with us. Caroline only got to come because I am still nursing, otherwise it would have been a Grammie and GrayGray vacation for both girls. ;) I'm thinking that Chris and I will plan a Mommy and Daddy vacation every year...we need the rejuvenation time with no little ones to worry about! I sure do miss my Katherine, but I know I will be a much better Mommy after a little time away. :)
Chris, Caroline and I headed West to Sanibel Island, FL. Talk about RELAXING. Oh my goodness. There isn't much to do on this island other than eat, look for shells, play on the beach and SLEEP! It was exactly what the doctor ordered. We haven't spent much time on the beach other than morning walks and a few short hours because I don't want Caroline to get burnt...and the beach is mostly shells...which are almost IMPOSSIBLE to keep out of Caroline's little mouth! So instead we have vegged on the porch of our condo while watching the ocean and pool. We have also watched TV. I know, totally ridiculous to do, but I think it is just what we needed this week. So far we have watched a marathon of "Deadliest Catch", "COPS", "Salvage Divers", and movies like "Transporter 2." Don't worry, it wasn't a total manly week...I read three books while here. "Take 3" by Karen Kingsbury, "Shades of Blue" by Karen Kingsbury and "The New Strong Willed Child" by Dr. James Dobson. I do believe that I am addicted to Karen Kingsbury novels...LOVE THEM. But I am also highly encouraged after reading Dr. Dobson's book. I think I can make a few changes in my parenting which will help me to be a better parent to Miss Katherine...who is definitely one strong willed kiddo! I do believe I will have to revisit his book frequently to remind myself of his teachings, but if I can put them into action, I think we will all be better off because of it. I highly recommend the book to anyone with a strong willed munchkin!
We are headed home tomorrow morning and cannot WAIT to see Miss Katherine!!! We have talked to her a few times on the phone and man does she sound grown up! She is so sweet! I know she has had a blast with Grammie and GrayGray...I just hope she hasn't worn them slam out! She apparently now is the proud owner of a Cinderella ball gown, glass slippers and necklaces. Heaven help us! :) Thanks so much to my wonderful parents for watching the munchkin while Mommy and Daddy got recharged for what promises to be a very busy end of April and May. Now we may actually survive without go insane! :)
I have been rather bad about taking pictures lately, so I will have to work on that. I will try to upload some new pictures when I get home tomorrow. I can honestly say after a week away, I think I am ready to head home and get back to work! And thanks to my hubby, I had a chance to get ALL of the laundry done today before we head home!! Now I just unpack the suitcases right into the dressers at home! MAJOR victory!! :)
Until next time! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment