Well the past few weeks have been...you guessed it...CRAZY! :) I think one of these days we will actually slow down...maybe take a vacation?! I can't imagine it, but I think it will happen one of these days. :) The weekend after Caroline's 2 month check up I had a Session Retreat at church all morning at Saturday. So Christopher was alone with both girls for 4 1/2 hours! I was a bit nervous about leaving him all alone with the girls for so long, because I KNOW what a handful they can be, but he did amazing! I came home to two happy girls. One was sitting in the stroller just a smiling while daddy pushed her around the house (Caroline) and the other was sitting at the piano with no shirt on playing (Katherine). Daddy didn't even seem tired after keeping up with both girls all morning long...I think we may have to do this again! Ha! :) I was very impressed and it was wonderful being with adults for an entire morning without having to worry about one starting to cry in the middle of the meeting!
Also that weekend we had to make two batches of chocolate chip cookies...one for us and one to take to Katherine's school for her teacher Mrs. Maze's birthday on Monday. Katherine sat on the counter and helped me make the cookies...until she broke a glass right into the dough! AAGGHH! So we scrapped that batch and whipped up another one. This time the chocolate chips melted in the dough! I have never had that happen before! We aren't sure if the chocolate chips got hot from the steam coming out of the dishwasher or if I got the butter to hot when I softened it...I have no clue! They looked very strange, but Chris said they tasted better than normal because they had a fudge-like inside...guess I will have to try and repeat this in the future!
The next week was a bit crazy as I was helping to organize a marriage conference at our church the following weekend. I was at the church every single day that week and it was insane! The conference went off without a hitch and was actually a wonderful weekend. Chris and I attended and had a great time! We actually tied two other couples (one was my parents!) for the longest "courtship/engagement." haha. As the speakers put it "we've got some very cautious folks here!" Katherine and Caroline were in the nursery from 6pm on Friday until 8:30pm and then again on Saturday from 8am - 4pm! They both did great, but boy were we all WORN OUT by Saturday at 4! Our homework from the event was to schedule a date within the next 7 days...well it's been 10 days and we have yet to find time...guess we'll have to work on that! :)
After the wedding conference was over we moved into overdrive on operation "move out." In other words, my parents house was finally completed enough for them to move into! I know they were sick and tired of living in our little guest room. Really operation move out began in earnest the week prior (also during the marriage conference prep time). Dad had construction crews hopping over there all week...and I mean HOPPING! I swear I looked outside of my window and you couldn't even see the house for all the construction vehicles parked everywhere! GOod thing we have a large driveway or there wouldn't have been enough room for all of the cars to park! Monday and Tuesday of the actual moving week were spent finalizing things like the tile in the bathrooms, cabinet boxes in the bathrooms, paint, shutters on the windows (inside), etc. They managed to get 90% of it done in time for move in day on Wednesday. They got almost all of their stuff in the house on Wednesday and left non-essential stuff (books and Christmas mainly) in the storage unit until they can make room for that stuff. It looks like box heaven right now, but they are getting there!
Thursday was spent cleaning and getting ready for CiCi, Gran and Grandad to come and visit! They were en route on Thursday and we weren't sure if we would see them that night or not until Friday morning. We ended up not seeing them until the next morning as they didn't get in until after both girls were asleep. Friday was a day with the family! Katherine went to school in the morning so CiCi, Gran and Grandad were able to get some quality time in with Caroline before the tornado came home from school. :) CiCi and Daddy went to pick her up from school and she was super excited! We went out to lunch on Friday and then came home and took a nap and had a nice dinner in with the whole crew.
Saturday we got up early and made homemade pancakes, sausage, eggs and fruit for breakfast with everyone. Katherine was quite the entertainer. I had a haircut at 11am, so I headed off to do that while the girls stayed and played with CiCi, Gran, Grandad and Daddy. They had a blast. When I got back we all had some lunch while Grandad and Daddy ran to the tire place to get Grandad's tires balanced before the long trek back to VA. Katherine took another nap...yes that is TWO days in ROW!...while CiCi, Gran and I visited and had lunch (she had already eaten). The boys got back just in time for Katherine to wake up and CiCi and Daddy took her to the park! I fixed dinner while Gran and Grandad caught the Twins/Royals game on tv. We had an early dinner so that they could get back to the hotel for a good night of sleep before an early wake up call the next morning. We were sad to see them go. :( It seemed like they just got here! But we had a great visit! :)
After they left, Chris and I headed over to Mom and Dad's house...they were in the garage pulling cable through the house...didn't look good from our vantage point. Dad was pulling cable through the house and making Mom help him...should have just waited until Chris could help, but what's done is done! :) Chris helped dad for a bit while Momma reheated dinner (I brought over what was left from our dinner so she wouldn't have to cook...thank goodness since the Turkey she was cooking was taking quite a bit longer to cook than she anticipated!). Katherine was mesmerized by all of the boxes and furniture in Grammy and GrayGray's house. After they finished eating the Hughes crew called it a night! We were pooped! Oh...and I managed to burn my left hand pretty badly, so I was ready for the night to be over!
Sunday morning Christopher got up and went for a run and came home in time to get Miss Katherine when she woke up, so I got to SLEEP IN until 8:30am! Then, I was just waking up when in walks Christopher with homemade breakfast in BED! WHOO HOO! I had a feast all by myself! He's so sweet! :) I came downstairs and asked Katherine if she helped Daddy make me breakfast her reply "Nope. I ate my grapes." Chris looked at me and said "well at least she's honest!" hahahaha. When Caroline woke up we all took a trip to Walmart for diapers and such and then came home in time for lunch at Mom and Dads with GiGi and Joe Joe. Caroline started getting cranky towards the end, so she and I ducked back across the street while the others watched football and visited. I managed to sneak in a 30 minute nap before Chris and Katherine came back. Then it was naptime for Miss Katherine. I was very excited because when I woke up my hand was just red from the burn...didn't look bad...however by the end of Katherine's naptime I had a big old blister on my left index finer and super red marks on my middle and ring finger...oy. We had dinner at home and called it a night.
Monday was a crazy day. I wasn't sure if Katherine was going to go to school or not because she had a fever all of Saturday and Sunday, so I just KNEW she would still have one on Monday morning...WRONG! So my plans for a "jammies" day was out the window. So I rushed around getting ready and getting Katherine dressed for school. Got dad to come over and watch Caroline while I ran K to school. Then I came home, grabbed Caroline and headed off to the urgent care place close by...Mom was going to flip out if I didn't go to the doctor about my burn. So 30 minutes later I was on my way back home with a prescription antibiotic cream, a tetanus shot in the arm and the verdict of a bad 2 degree burn on my left index finger...oh goody. And by the way...I don't remember tetanus shots hurting so bad! OUCH! Caroline and I came home to get caught up on stuff for the shop and then it was time to head back to school for Katherine's very first parent/teacher conference. I was quite anxious about this as the few things I have seen/heard from school were Katherine running away from her teachers and not walking in line, Katherine bossing the other kids around...etc. Well Chris and I got there and met with Mrs. M and she said that Katherine was SO smart. They wanted to know how much we work with her at home...not too much...just bath and bedtime reading and such. She also said that Katherine is the "mommy" of the class and takes care of everyone else while also making sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to do...in other words when someone is climbing on the table they hear "Mrs. M, Mrs. M, so and so is climbing on the table!" She said that all of the kids just love Katherine and she gets along with everyone. :) Phew! BIG sigh of relief!! The teachers are quite impressed with Katherine's ability to name every animal out there...in fact they play a game to see if they can pull out an animal that Katherine doesn't know...they haven't found one yet. They are also impressed that she knows all of her ABCs and can count to 50! Mrs. J said that her 3 1/2 year old can't even do that! She can count to 25 completely on her own, after that she sometimes misses a couple of numbers, but with a little prompting she gets to 50! I told Christopher she gets the smarts from him and the friends with everyone from me. :)
We came home from the conference and had lunch with Daddy before nap time. Katherine took a nap while allowed me to get some more much needed work done at the shop. While Katherine napped, Christopher won a bid at the shop that he had been working on for a while and GrayGray (my dad) got his braces off...FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! It was turning out to be a GREAT day on Rio Casa Street! So when Katherine woke up from her nap at 5:30...we all packed up and headed to the Bistro for a celebratory dinner!!! Caroline even managed to sleep the entire time we ate! AMAZING! We came home and it was bedtime for all. :)
I am hoping the next few weeks will be a little calmer, but undoubtedly we will fill the schedule up with something! I don't think we know how to sit still! :)
Katherine is growing up way too fast. She's like a little girl now instead of a baby...:( Where did my baby go?! Caroline is also growing like a weed and should be rolling over really soon. She is such a happy little girl and only cries when she is hungry...which happens to be a lot! ha! She looks more and more like Christopher everyday and I think she is going to have his temperament. She's very content to sit and watch everything that is going on around her. She is the happiest little girl when she wakes up in the mornings...it is so sweet.
Well I guess that all...or should I say I will stop because this is WAY too long! Ha! Next up are my mom's birthday and a visit from Uncle Cory!!! :) Hopefully I can download pictures soon to post. :)
Have a great Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment