The past week has been super busy! Katherine went to her first "real" day of school last Wednesday with all of her little friends. She had a BLAST on Wednesday, Friday and yesterday. When I drop her off, she just looks at me and waves and she's off to play. She is more upset when Caroline leaves her than when I leave...not sure what that means, but I take it as a good sign! She is always very excited to see me when I come to pick her up, but she doesn't want to leave. She would rather I stay and play with her there. Fun stuff! Her teachers are WONDERFUL and she talks about both of them non-stop. Her class is a wide variety of kids from 20 month old toddlers who can't talk to a one month shy of 3 little boy who is totally attached to his Mommy. Makes for an interesting mix! She has taken to the role of mommy in the class and goes around trying to calm down the little ones who are upset that their mommy's left. It's very cute. Although she has found one little boy in particular that she is fond of. When I went to pick her up after her first "real" day of school last Wednesday i was promptly informed by ALL of the teachers that Miss Katherine has picked out a boyfriend. His name is Grant. He is definitely a cutie, but seriously? A boyfriend? On the first day of school? At 2 1/2 years old?! Oy vey! I think we have our hands full with this one! :) She apparently spent the entire day trying to kiss him...I don't think he was impressed or liked her advances, but he is only 2! Let's hope she gets over the boyfriend phase quickly or Daddy may have to get the shot guns out early!
Katherine has been plagued this week with mosquito bites. The poor kiddo got 5 bites at once on Saturday morning walking from the house to the car and back...not sure how, but they were definitely apparent when we got home! Mosquito bites on Katherine swell up immediately to quarter sized whelps and itch like the dickens. Then a few days later we get a runny nose and nasty diarrhea which of course leads to the wonderful diaper rash! AAGGHH!! She is so pitiful. Luckily we seem to be on the upswing of the mosquito nastiness, so if we can just avoid getting more bites, we should be good to go! :)
OH, and I almost forgot the biggest development with Miss Katherine! She has basically 50% potty trained herself!!! She is really good about telling us when she needs to go pee pee on the potty, but is still working on the #2. We have only had two accidents so far that were pretty gross, but one wasn't her fault since it was due to the mosquito nastiness referenced above. Darn those bugs! We're getting there! She is so proud of herself when she goes and then of course the beloved reward of M&Ms just make going on the potty even better! She is so excited about the M&Ms that when we are in the grocery store she will tell EVERYONE while walking up and down the aisles that "if you pee pee on the potty you get M&Ms." Very cute to me, but I don't think all of the other patrons of Publix necessarily agree! :) Oh well! What can you do? We haven't figured out how to go in public restrooms yet, but we'll take it one step at a time! :)
Now, onto Miss Caroline. She had her one month (or six week in our case) check up today with Dr. W. She passed with flying colors! She is now 9 lbs. 1 oz. and 22 3/8 inches long. She has gained 2 pounds in the past 3 weeks...she's definitely not starving! :) These stats put her in the 25% for weight and 75% for height...again we make long and lean babies some how! :) Her head is between the 25th and 50th percentiles. I will have to look up and see how she compares to Miss Katherine at this age, but of course her baby book is still packed away...we'll get to unpacking the books one of these days. :) She has just started smiling for real in the past week and it is SO cute. Her eyes are still dark blue and she LOVES to look at Mommy. Christopher swears that she only wants me to hold her or be near, but I think it's more like she doesn't want the milk factory to be far away. :) Let's be honest, it's the food she wants, not the person! On Sunday her umbilical cord stump FINALLY fell off. Have I mentioned how much I dislike cleaning umbilical cord stumps?! I hate it. Well Katherine took 6 weeks to fall off and then the Dr. had to treat it with silver nitrate to make that happen. So I thought, surely since I"m an expert 2nd time mom, this one will fall off MUCH quicker..NO! It took 5 weeks and 4 days...a whopping 3 days faster than Katherine's to fall off...UGH! We still had to get some silver nitrate today as she has a little bit of scar tissue left that needs to come off. I told Dr. W that since I hate the umbilical cord thingy so much they hang around FOREVER on my kids just to taunt me. But now that it is gone, we are made in the shade!! Yippee!!!! Her hair is still brown, but more of a honey brown color instead of the dark brown she was born with. I still think she will be a blondy, but only time will tell for sure.
Tonight I have my first Session meeting at church since Caroline was born...so Daddy and Grandaddy are on babysitting detail. Let's hope they survive! :) I don't have any new pictures to upload right now as my camera was broken by Miss Katherine a couple weeks ago. Christopher took some pictures this weekend, but I will have to get them from him when he gets home.
CiCi, the Twins and Taylor came down for a visit this past weekend and we loved seeing them! Katherine had a blast and of course Caroline loved all of the attention. :) Hopefully they will get to come back sooner rather than later! :) Katherine is still talking about their visit. :)
Well that's about all the time I have. Katherine is FINALLY down for a nap and Caroline is now hungry. :) If I can just figure out how to coincide the girls nap schedules I would be doing really good! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment