Tuesday we had Lab School and then that night I had my very first Session Meeting at church...I've been drafted to be the new Clerk of the Session. So, Christopher came home in time to keep Katherine and I headed South to church. The meeting was fairly uneventful for me, but as I heard when I got home, it was a VERY eventful time for the Hughes clan at home! In fact the first words out of Christopher's mouth when I walked in the door was "don't even ask." Yikes! Apparently Katherine was very cranky and tired after I left and she spent the first little while laying in front of the garage door waiting for me to return...uh oh! Then Christopher took her on a bike ride, which is usually her favorite activity. They went to the park and she got in the swing and had a blast...then it was time to go home....She apparently threw herself around like a wild animal and screamed at the top of her lungs when Christopher tried to put her back int he bike seat...and she screamed ALL THE WAY HOME! I'm sure our neighbors think we are crazy! So then she screamed, cried and carried on the entire rest of the evening through her bath until Christopher finally put her to bed at 7:15! I think Christopher now appreciates when I say "I'm done, she's yours" when he walks in sometimes at night. There are days where you have just reached your limit and at least now someone other than me has seen her at her most challenging time! :)
Meltdown Picture #1
Meltdown Picture #2
Wednesday we went to Bible Study and then to the shop. She did pretty well at the shop that afternoon considering she was WORN out when we got there. Thursday and Friday were more of the same at the shop. We actually we able to clean up and organize my office at the shop on Friday afternoon, and this was a big plus! Normally it looks like Tornado Katherine has come through (which she has!).
Saturday I got my hair cut and then we went to the shop so that Katherine could take a nap while Christopher and I got some much needed catch up work done! :) Afterwards we headed to Sam's Club and Target for a few things. Katherine was totally enthralled with the Halloween displays at Sam's Club and wanted to take one home with us. Luckily we managed to get out of the store without one! They are HUGE! OH...and we had a GREAT football day today...UVa was off! :) We can't lose that way! :)
Sunday we went to church and then to the grocery store. Katherine has a new favorite food now...it's watermelon. And let me tell you, when she likes something, she LOVES it. I bought a quarter of a watermelon to cut up and when I put that in the cart she about had a heart attack trying to get into the back of the cart to eat it right then! People were looking at me like "what is wrong with that kid?" She just LOVES watermelon! :) And when we eat watermelon, she gets the juice EVERYWHERE! After grocery shopping, we came home and took a 3 hour nap...this is a big time victory!!! When she woke up we headed to Beall's and Steinmart looking for new khaki's for Dad...no luck. So we came home and tried to call Grandad to wish him a Happy Birthday...unfortunately we missed him, but we were thinking about him! Happy Birthday Grandad!!! Chris then called CiCi (his mom) and Katherine "talked" to CiCi on the phone...and the big news is she FINALLY said "CiCi"!!!! The only words she really says are hello, hiya, dada, and occasionally mama. She wouldn't say it when we held the phone up to her, but as soon as she thought no one was listening she was walking around grinning and saying "CiCi." It was SO cute!
That about wraps up our last week. This week should be a little calmer, we hope anyway! :)
Happy Birthday again to Cory and Grandad!!
Reading with Daddy!
Talking to CiCi on the phone!
No comments:
Post a Comment