Monday, July 14, 2008

Congrats, Birthdays and West Palm

Well in the past week we have done quite a bit! Miss Katherine and I were all over the place last week getting ready for her visit to Grandma and Grandaddy Corell for the weekend. Chris and I had a trip planned to West Palm Beach for the Dave Matthews Concert. Last Monday Miss Katherine and I worked at the shop...although we didn't last long as she was NOT in a good frame of mind! (I'm thinking her teeth were the main culprit of her crankiness.) SO, luckily my mom was able to come and watch her Tuesday morning for me so that I could run to the shop and get a few things done, like paying bills! (Just a minor thing! Ha!) Well my two hour paying bills trip turned into a 4 hour trip! Thank goodness my mom is patient! :) Christopher had gone out of town for a meeting and had taken my car, so I couldn't take Katherine with me since her car seat doesn't fit right in his Explorer. SO...I ran around like a maniac, and ended up getting stuck at the County building trying to drop off a permit. I love how every time I go to a government building I wait in line FOREVER and when I finally get to the window the person decides it's time for their break?! What's that about?! Anyway, we managed to get home in time for Mom to run off to her meeting. :)

Wednesday, Christopher was out of town again (he had about 15 hours of driving in two days! ) and had my car, so Katherine and I were bums at home on Wednesday. She was quite clingy (again due to teething) so we pretty much just laid around and played on the floor all day long. Chris managed to get home around dinnertime and Katherine was SUPER excited to see him!
Also on Wednesday we found out that Katie and Stuart FINALLY welcomed their little boy Daniel Stuart into the world! I know Katie was VERY glad to finally have him delivered! He's super cute and looks like he's going to be a big strong boy just like his daddy! He weighed 8lbs 7oz and was 21 1/4" long! Way to go Katie and Stuart!!

Thursday we worked again at the shop (I had my car back today! Whoo hoo!). I attempted to time it so that Katherine would be in between naps during our stint at the shop, so I hurried through my work at the shop and then packed her up into the car and rushed her home so that she could take a nap before we headed out to dinner with the Corell Family. Yeah...she had very different ideas. She didn't go to sleep AT ALL in the afternoon. So I was a bit concerned about her crankiness for dinner. Since she wasn't sleeping, I piled her into the car and headed to the Verizon Store. All week my phone had been on the fritz. I have had my phone replaced three times and had just gotten a new phone the week prior, so I think that I was seriously in need of a new phone! This time my phone would get stuck in "car kit" mode and nothing would get it out, so I couldn't talk or hear the person on the other side! So anyway, we spent about an hour at the Verizon Store getting a new phone, which thankfully works! Imagine that?! Katherine was the hit of the store as everyone in there wanted to take a picture of her. She was quite proud of herself to say the least! :) After that we ran home, packed up all of her stuff into the car and headed out to Shell's for dinner. It was my Grandaddy's birthday! He and Frances's birthdays are exactly one week apart, so we celebrated both birthdays at Shell's for dinner (their favorite restaurant). Katherine amazingly behaved herself through dinner and then went home with Grandma Corell for the weekend!

Friday I stayed home in the morning and cleaned up our house (I hate coming home to a messy house when I've been away). It was definitely nice to be able to actually clean without a tornado coming through the room right behind me! Ha! By 10am, Colby and I were out the door and on our way to the kennel. I dropped him off and headed for the shop to pick up Christopher. I managed to get in a few hours of work while he was finishing up some bids and then we were about to head out when we get a phone call that power is out at a customer's house and their generator didn't come on...ruh roh! So, off to Palm Bay we go and were able to help them out before heading out of town. It's now 1:30pm (we planned on leaving around 11:30 or so) and we still haven't eaten lunch! So we stop off and get some lunch and then high tail it to West Palm Beach. We went to the Dave Matthews Concert which started at 7pm. It was fun, but I think we must be getting old or something. By 9:45 we were ready to go to bed! Haha! That and I was REALLY sick of smelling pot and cigarette smoke mixed together. There are some strange birds at a DMB concert! So we left the concert early and passed the heck out back at our hotel.

Saturday was pretty relaxed. We got up and went to breakfast and then came back and lounged around the pool which was PACKED with other DMB fans (there was another concert on Saturday night in West Palm). It was pretty entertaining to watch all of the other people. We didn't need TV or a book to keep us entertained for the day, we could just people watch! We went in around 4:30 or so and got ready for dinner. We ate at the hotel restaurant which was surprisingly nice and good food! Then of course we went back to the room and passed out! (Notice the lack of sleep catching up to us!) haha.

Sunday morning we got up had breakfast and headed home. We got to Mom's house around lunchtime and Katherine grinned at us when we showed up. She wasn't too excited that we were home, but she was definitely grinning at us. It was very cute! We finally managed to get back to our house around 3:30 and unpack everything...I swear Katherine requires more junk than anyone I've ever seen! :) Christopher was working at the shop, so Katherine and I went grocery shopping and got the house back under control again. When Chris finally came home he let Katherine go out in the backyard and play with him...boy was she in hog heaven! I was working on the computer inside, so when I came back out to see what they were up to Miss Katherine was grinning ear to ear and covered in mud! I think we have an outdoors girl on our hands! We tried to bring her inside....it was not a pretty sight. She threw and absolute fit as she didn't want to be inside, she wanted to stay outside! Crazy kiddo! I'm sure the neighbors think we beat her or something because of all the raucous she caused just coming inside! Oh well!

I think that about wraps up the past week. I swear we just seem to get crazier and crazier around here! This week shouldn't be quite as bad, but you never know with us! :)

1 comment:

Freakley Family said...

Hey guys! Thanks so much for the shout out!:-) PS- Katherine seriously just gets cuter with every picture! Sheesh...you guys are in TROUBLE!