Monday, July 7, 2008

Baby's Best Friend and Spinning

Well it's been a little while since I have been on here to update everyone! Katherine is quite the little social butterfly now. She doesn't sit still for more than 2 seconds at a time and she is quite proud of herself! We are definitely cutting molars, so she has been super cranky the past few weeks and in the past few days has started waking up in the middle of the night crying because of her teeth. We LOVE Tylenol right now! I've tried to use Baby Orajel on her, but she HATES it. If I get the tube out she runs away shaking her head NO! Crazy kiddo! She definitely understands what you are saying now and will respond to questions when you ask her. Usually her answer if no, but if you ask her if she wants blueberries, you get an emphatic YES! This kid LOVES fruit! Guess that's the one and maybe only thing she has inherited from me! ;o)

We didn't do much for the 4th of July as Katherine turned into a pumpkin around 7:30pm on the night of the fourth. We were at my parents house hoping to watch the fireworks from there, but Katherine had other ideas. So at 7:30pm we hightailed it home so that she could go to bed before her fussing reached unbearable decibels. She was out like a light by 9pm and slept completely through all of the loud fireworks going off at the baseball stadium and in our neighborhood...guess she needed the sleep! :)

Saturday we didn't do much of anything. We did manage to get out of the house just before supper time to go grocery shopping, but other than that we were all bums on Saturday. It was rather nice since our normal speed is 1000 mph at all times!

Yesterday we went to church and amazingly, Katherine did not SCREAM when we left her in the nursery with Miss Marilyn! We snuck out of the nursery and Katherine just looked up at us and waved goodbye! YAY!!! We normally have a battle on our hands to leave her there. We we returned from Early Church and Sunday School to pick her up, she was sitting on a new toy called the "Sit and Spin" and just spinning herself in circles like a crazy lady! She LOVED it! Normally we walk in and she runs to us like we're long lost parents who haven't seen her in 10 years...not today! She didn't want to leave! Finally Christopher dragged her off of the Sit and Spin and we headed out the door with a fussing little one who didn't want to leave! Note to self...we need a Sit and Spin. We came home and attempted to put Katherine down for a nap...she had other ideas on that front as well! NO nap for Katherine! I got her up after listening to her play in her crib for over an hour and we had lunch. Then we went and picked up Christopher at the shop since he was doing some catch up work. I thought, well maybe if we drive around for a while, she'll go to sleep since she was rubbing her eyes. So the three of us drove around looking at various neighborhoods and a few jobs that Chris is working on at the present time. NO SLEEP. So it's now about 3 pm and Katherine hasn't had a nap at all today. This is NOT good. We head home to hopefully get her to sleep in her crib before dinnertime. Well just as we get to the neighborhood, off to sleep she goes...bummer. We get home and put her in her crib...listened to her crying/playing in her crib for about 45 minutes and then she all of a sudden starts crying again. Christopher looks at me and says "I think she might have her arm or leg stuck in between the slats in the crib." My response "Oh, no, she's fine, she's just mad at us. I've never seen her get anything stuck between the crib slats before." Christopher "OK, if you say so." She continues to cry for about 10 minutes, so I think, OK, there's no way she's going to sleep I'll just go get her up. I walk into her room...what do I find?! Her leg was stuck in between the slats on the crib?! HOW DID HE KNOW!?? So I now feel like the worst mother on the face of the planet AND I have to go tell Christopher that he was right and I was wrong...YUCK! :( So we get Katherine all cleaned up from crying (she wasn't hurt at all, just scared) and we eat some dinner. Then we head to Target...we need a Sit and Spin pronto! We find one and it's on clearance! Whoo hoo!! (Accountants and Engineers LOVE bargain shopping!) We get it home and she played with it for about 30 minutes straight! This kid doesn't do anything for longer than 2 seconds, so this toy might just go down in the Hughes Hall of Fame as the greatest invention ever!

That about sums up our weekend. Here are some pictures of Katherine and her best buddy (Colby) and her new toy...the Sit and Spin. Enjoy!




Best friends


The new Sit and Spin

Mom helping me get back on the sit and spin

No comments: