Last week Cory (Chris's brother) came down for a visit. Katherine absolutely adores her Uncle Cory. They are so cute together. And of course this past weekend was Mother's Day. So we have been plenty busy around here!
Katherine is attempting her first steps, but she is extremely cautious. Guess she gets that from her Daddy. :) She will walk all over creation as long as she has something to hold onto, but the second you take your finger away, she starts crawling again. This morning she did manage to walk from the chair in our living room all the way to the middle of the room with no help. I was shocked! I was sitting in the floor playing with Colby and all of a sudden she was walking over to us. She didn't make it all the way before she fell onto her knees, but it was pretty good progress for her! I have a feeling that she will be walking...er...running shortly. :) She doesn't do anything halfway, so I have a feeling we will never see a walking stage, she'll just start sprinting around the play...heaven help us! ;o) I think that we made it to the 20 pound mark last night...I will weigh her again today to double check. This is a HUGE milestone as we can now turn her car seat around! Most babies are 20 pounds by the time they reach 1 year old, if not before...not Katherine! She's almost 15 months old! We definitely have a long, skinny kiddo! I think she gets that from Grandaddy Corell since he was an absolute twig all through school. ;o)
Christopher is staying busy with work and has won a lot of jobs recently. Our area has been plagued by fires this past week as some idiot intentionally set fires down in Palm Bay that destroyed over 100 homes. Not a good thing! So we have been staying indoors this week as the smoke has been horrendous! I think most of the fires are now contained, so I have a feeling that Katherine and her daddy will be out on the bike again this weekend. :)
Well I think that's about it for now. Here are a few pictures from the past few weeks.
Just up from a nap!
Mommy and I at the picnic...notice the greyhound in the background...so good!
This is my new favorite sleeping position...
Uncle Cory teaching me to drive...Lookout world!
Daddy, Uncle Cory and Me! We're triplets!
For some reason I'm having trouble uploading pics from Mother's Day...I will try to post them later.
No comments:
Post a Comment