Thursday, December 20, 2012

3 Months Old!! And other December happenings!

Howdy!  Wow...did I really write my last post in November...before Thanksgiving?!  Yikes!  How did a month go by so quickly?!  Oh yeah...we've been sick...for 5 straight weeks!  DOH!  Talk about craziness!  Hopefully that is behind us now and we can move full steam ahead into Christmas!!!  (Did I mention that it is only 5 days away?!  And...I'm NOT ready?!  Double yikes!) 

Today marks Mr. Andrew's 3 month birthday!!!  Can you believe that our little guy is already 3 months old?!  I can't.  Really, I feel like he was just born yesterday...and at the same time I feel like he has always been a part of our family.  Strange how that happens.  ;)  He is SUCH a sweet little guy.  He really only cries when he's hungry, or has a dirty diaper, or occasionally from a sore tummy.  Once we figured out the gluten thing he has become the calmest little guy and will happily lay on the floor in the same room with us cooing and chewing on his fists.  He likes to look around and watch what's going on, but he doesn't mind just chillin by himself and being a spectator.  ;)  Thank goodness!  Now...if you leave him in the swing and don't stay in the room with him...there may be a few words (or screams) from Mr. Andrew as he likes to be in the middle of things, but as long as he can see you he's one happy camper.  Night time tends to be his fussy time, but really it's not bad at all.  His favorite things right now are getting his diaper changed (He does NOT like to be dirty...I can't blame him!), chewing furiously on his little fists (I sure hope this does not mean we are soon to be teething!), eating, "talking" to me while I change his clothes, eating, following his sisters around the room with his eyes, smiling and giggling, eating, being outside, eating, taking a bath...and did I mention eating?!  Ha!  The boy LOVES to eat.  :)  I think he gets that from his Momma.  I do love my meal times!  All of that eating has led to one quickly growing little (or should I say big) guy!  This morning I realized that all of his 3 month outfits are too short in the legs and arms...and a bit snug in the body as well.  So, after I folded the laundry, I packed up all of his 3 month outfits and pulled out his 6 month stuff...ironic that I am packing up his 3 month clothes on his 3 month birthday!  I guess milk does a body good!  ;)  His hair is definitely turning blonde and I swear he has the bluest eyes!  I didn't think I would be amazed at blue eyes after Katherine and Caroline since both of theirs are a beautiful shade of blue, but man sometimes he looks at me and I think "those are some amazing blue eyes!"  He will definitely be a hit with all the ladies between his super long eyelashes and deep blue eyes.  All I can say is "hands off ladies...I get at least the next 16 or so years!  Then ya'll can have a shot at him."  :)
I'm 3 months old today!!!  I'm getting so big!
 
My 3 Month Stats:
Weight: 13lbs. 10 oz.
Length: 25 1/8"
Head Circumference: 16 1/4"
 
Just for kicks and giggles I looked up Katherine and Caroline's stats at 4 months...because I get a Mommy fail and didn't record their 3 month stats.  :(
 
Katherine at 4 months old (a month older than Andrew now):
Weight:  13 lbs. 14 oz.
Length:  24 3/4"
Head Circumference:  16"
 
Caroline at 4 months old (a month older than Andrew now):
Weight:  13 lbs. 13.4 oz.
Length:  25 1/4"
Head Circumference: 16 1/4"
 
So it looks like Mr. Andrew is right on track with Miss Caroline...at 4 months old...or he's 1 month ahead of his big sisters!  Yikes!  The girls better look out, little brother is gonna catch up super quick!  ;)

Katherine and Caroline are busy as ever.  We have been on break from homeschool since the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  Thank goodness since that is when "the sicks" invaded the Hughes household!  UGH!  Caroline started first with a croupy type cough and it morphed into a full blown sinus infection and wet nasty sounding cough.  She is thankfully FINALLY on the mend...after 5 weeks.  Katherine and I were the next to come down with the crud the weekend of Thanksgiving and then Chris succumbed the week after Thanksgiving.  Blessedly Andrew has managed to escape unscathed, so I am hoping he avoids it completely!  This stuff was NASTY!  We are all still coughing a little bit, but nothing compared to what we were doing.  Yuck! 

Even though we have all been sick the girls have managed to stay pretty active.  We have been playing outside a lot since the weather has been GORGEOUS!  Most days are upper 70s to low 80s with a cool breeze.  PER-FECT weather to play outside.  Luckily Katherine has kept her feet mostly on the ground so we have avoided any other broken limbs.  ;)  Caroline's favorite thing is picking flowers and RUNNING.  It's so funny.  We can't get her to ride a bike for anything.  She just wants to run...and run....and run!  I'm convinced she's going to be a marathon runner one of these days. 

For Christmas this year both girls are asking for the same thing a scooter (as if Katherine needs anything else mobile from which she can fall...) and a "hoopie hoop."  What is a hoopie hoop you may ask?!  That is a hula hoop in Caroline terms.  :)  So we'll have to see if they made the good list or not this year.  If so it looks like Santa might be bringing them a scooter and hoopie hoop! 

Uncle Cory blessed us with a week long visit this week and we have had SO much fun visiting with him.  The girls adore their Uncle Cory.  Katherine even conned him into taking her out in the River on the kayak!  We are all going to miss him when he has to go back to VA!  :(  Caroline is convinced that he's staying forever.  ;) 

Well I guess that's about all I can update for now!  Hopefully I will get my act in gear and update after Christmas to let you know if Katherine and Caroline made the good list or not!  ;)  Next up is a visit from CiCi and PaPa right after Christmas!!  Yippee!!  We can't wait!

Doin what I do best.  Chewin on my hands.

The girls take on Daddy and Cory in a thrilling game of Memory.  ;)

Caroline calling someone out for not following the rules!

Sweet Caroline

Katherine and Uncle Cory kayaking

Katherine got to paddle!

"Mom look at me!  I'm a surfer girl!"

"No, I won't smile for you."

This is my serious face. (Don't I look like Daddy!?)

Goin for the hands again!

No comments: