Thursday, September 6, 2012

Funny sayings of Caroline

I am loving the age that Caroline is right now.  Just a little over 3.  I loved this age with Katherine as well.  They are pretty independent, yet still cuddly and the things that come out of their mouth!  Oh my goodness...hilarious!  This morning Caroline has had quite a few funny conversations with me, and before I forget thought I would blog them for eternity.  ;) 

First thing this morning as I am finishing my breakfast Caroline walks in with a Barbie doll and asks me to put on an outfit for her.  I take the doll as I munch on my Cheerios and start to dress her.  As I am dressing her, I realize that the doll's hands have teeth marks all over them.  I look at Caroline and say "Caroline, who has been chewing on Barbie's hands?"  She immediately gets an angry (or hangry as she would say) look on her face with a scrunched up nose and slanted eye brows, puts her hands on her little hips, blows out a huff of a breath and angrily says "Baby Brother did that on PURPOSE!"  Then she looks directly at my belly and says "Shame on you baby brother!"  I look at her and just crack up laughing and then said "Uh...Caroline, baby brother is still in  Mommy's tummy."  By now I had finished dressing the doll, so she just grabbed the doll and took off for the playroom.  I shook my head as she left thinking "Poor baby brother!  He's already getting blamed for things and he's not even BORN yet!"  Ha!  I relayed this story to Uncle Cory and he said that he would definitely be teaching little man here about the ways of older siblings and blaming the little guy on the totem pole.  ;)

Later on in the morning the girls and I ventured out to run a few errands that I needed to do and while we were out I had a craving for pizza.  So we stopped by Pizza Hut on the way home and had a quick lunch!  We finished our lunch and as we were heading out Caroline got distracted by the vending machines with the little 50 cent toys in them.  She asked if she could have one and I said "No honey, not today, I just took all of the change out of my pocketbook."  She looked up at me and said "Oh, don't worry Mom, I have plenty of money in my diaper (Nighttime Pull Ups) drawer.  You don't have to worry about that at all."  I'm not sure why, but this absolutely cracked me up!

She has a ton of other funny sayings lately, but sadly I can't remember all of them.  She tries really hard to use big vocabulary to be "big" like her sister, but sometimes she gets her words confused and it is usually hysterical.  The other day she was mad at Katherine for doing something and instead of saying "that's rude/mean/not nice/etc."  She said "Katherine, that's important!"  I cracked up...and sadly so did Katherine which did NOT make Miss Caroline happy. 

She is also SUPER sensitive to smells lately!  Almost every other word out of her mouth is "Mommy/Daddy/Katherine what's the SMELL?!"  It could be anything from something cooking in the kitchen to the grass after it's been fresh cut.  She definitely gets that trait from her Daddy because I hardly ever notice the smell of anything!

Well that's all I've got for now!  Until next time!

No comments: