Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Goodbye our sweet boy Colby.

Today our sweet baby boy, Colby went to doggie heaven. He has been sick for a while and was just getting worse. We were faced with an expensive operation that would only possibly help him or just put him to sleep so that he wouldn't suffer any longer. After some serious deliberation (and a lot of tears!) we decided it was Colby's best interest to go to doggie heaven. SO hard to decide that and even harder to be around him this morning. The girls and I got up and fixed Colby a breakfast of hot dogs! He LOVES hot dogs. He was so excited he was jumping around and wagging his tail like a mad man (something he hasn't done much of lately). The girls and I played with him all morning and then finally gave him a big hug and kiss and left him at home. My parents were so sweet and offered to take Colby to the vet for us. I don't think Chris or I could have done that. My mom sat with him and prayed over him as he went peacefully to sleep. Katherine has been joking all day that Colby is going to go jump in his boat and drive off to heaven. She would then crack up laughing at herself. I know God provided her humor just for me this morning since I was so sad to say goodbye. I am really loving that mental picture of Colby as well. I can just see him wearing some shades with his paws up on the wheel of a boat riding off into the sunset. :) We love you Colby and we will miss you dearly.
Colby eyeing his hot dog breakfast.

I love you Mommy!

Caroline trying to give him a hug.


Are you talking to me?


Just hanging out under the table...maybe I'll catch some crumbs!
Katherine giving Colby a big hug.
Caroline trying to hug Colby again...he was too fast!

No comments: