Friday, January 21, 2011

Caroline's 18 month check up!!

The Thursday after we got home from Disney was Caroline's 18 month well visit with our favorite Dr. W! He was quite impressed with her cognitive and physical development! She's quite the smart little talker for her age apparently! He also said that she is super duper healthy and growing like a weed...duh! :) Her stats at 18 months were as follows:

Height: 33 1/4" 90%
Weight: 23 pounds 12 oz. 65%
Head: 18.5" 75%

Sadly I didn't record any of Katherine's stats from 15 months until she was 3...what kind of mother am I? I know we were moving and changed pediatricians twice during that time, so I guess I just kind of lost track! :( Sad! Oh well...guess I will make sure I do a better job from here on out! :)

I was thinking yesterday of the similarities and huge differences between the girls. They are both SO very sweet and so caring. They both LOVE to play with baby dolls and really like playing Mommy. They also both LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their Daddy, Grammie, Gray Gray, CiCi, PaPa and Uncle Cory. Anytime they see a picture or hear them their faces light up and they go running for a big hug. They both love to be tickled and they both hate being in the car for long periods of time. They also both love the free cookies at Publix when we go. Who wouldn't?! :)

Now for the differences...Katherine will barely let me brush her hair, much less put it up with bows or barrettes...Caroline demands bows in her hair almost every day and usually requests MULTIPLE bows. Katherine HATES wearing shoes, it is all I can do to get her to keep shoes on at school! As soon as she walks in the door, gets in the car, etc the shoes are OFF! Caroline, however, wakes up in the morning and one of the first words out of her mouth? "Shoes! SHOES!" She will not leave you alone until she has shoes on her feet! Tantrums...Katherine will throw a tantrum at the drop of a hat for no reason at all...and it could last for hours! Caroline, however, is generally happy and content...until you push her to the limit and then it's over! She blows like a volcano, but then is pretty easily distracted and quickly calmed down. Bed time...Katherine has never liked going to sleep...ever. I can remember walking her around for HOURS until she fell asleep and then we would put her down in the crib, for her to wake up a moment later. Luckily she has outgrown that stage, but she still fights going to sleep like a pro. Caroline, however, will let you rock her for a minute and then sits up, points to her crib and says "bed." You put her in there and she just chats with herself for a minute or two and off to sleep she goes. I have a feeling that since Katherine was our first we contributed to her not going to sleep well by always jumping when she cried. With Caroline we let her "cry it out" WAY earlier and I think we are now benefiting from that. Guess we should have done that with Katherine too...doh!

We are so blessed with our girls. They are definitely the best part of everyday and even when they make me crazy, I still know how lucky I am to have them both. :) Now, if only I could figure out how to get them to sleep past 6:30am I'd be in hog heaven! :)

No comments: