Katherine has her last day of school today. She was very sad to leave all of her friends, but she is VERY excited to go to the "big kid" classes next year. By big kid, we mean 3 year olds! HA! Funny how one year older seems SO much bigger when you are her age! She was quite sad to leave her teachers, but I know that she will have fun this summer as we have the following scheduled: swimming lessons (starting Monday), Vacation Bible School (she is super stoked about the water slide), a trip to VA, and then the all important...DANCE LESSONS! As soon as the dance lessons are finished, it is one week until school starts again, so I think we will be keeping plenty busy this summer! She is totally excited about the dance lessons and begs daily to go and get her leotard, skirt and ballet slippers...So sweet!
This morning we took Caroline to swimming lessons and then rushed around in order to get back to Katherine's school for her year end party. Katherine had helped me make cupcakes yesterday for her party. She picked out the colors for the icing and helped with the sprinkles. She was VERY proud of herself. When we got there Katherine was more interested in eating than talking to Caroline and I. She had AT LEAST three pieces of pizza, a TON of chips, a cupcake, a popsicle, juice boxes, etc. She had finished eating and all the kids were playing and getting ready to go home with their parents. I was snapping pictures of her classmates so that we could remember them all and I all of a sudden couldn't find Katherine! I looked around...she's not anywhere. Then Grant's dad says "Uh...I think I found her." Katherine was under the table HIDING and eating the cupcake that Ryan had left behind (luckily he was done with it and never really touched it.). But seriously?! After eating everything she had, how could she possibly still be hungry for another cupcake?! I luckily had my camera around my neck, so I was able to catch the mischief in action. I can't decide if she looks surprised that I caught her, or just really proud of how ingenious she is...either way, I think we have a sneaky one on our hands! Silly girl!!!
Not much else new around here. Chris is keeping busy with the shop and I now have my hands full with both girls home for the summer! We are so very blessed!!!
Enjoy the pictures! They are posted in reverse order because I forgot to download them the opposite way. So enjoy going back in time as you scroll down! ;)
Caroline chilling during Katherine's end of year party.
Katherine getting tickled by Ms. Rachael
Katherine, Ani and Ryan playing.
Katherine and Ms. Rachael (she refused to smile in either picture with her teachers).
Katherine and Ms. Jessica
Katherine under the table eating Ryan's cupcake...
Caroline and Ryan having a chat...
Katherine giving Grant a hug before he left for summer...or is she choking him?!
Katherine and Caroline...notice the food and tongs for more food in Katherine's hands...
Katherine entertaining Caroline...I don't think Caroline was amused.
Katherine's class...notice the blue cupcake on the end of the table not touched...yeah that's the one Katherine snatched!
Caroline ready for swimming lessons.
Katherine on her last day of school!
I see you!!!
This is my mean look...
Smelling the flowers
Cupcakes that Katherine helped decorate for her school party.
No comments:
Post a Comment