Monday, November 16, 2009

Beginning of November

Well my last post was of Halloween...and since then we have been...SICK. Imagine that?! :)

Poor Katherine has basically had a fever since the beginning of October, with a few days in between of no fever. ICK! The doctor finally broke down and put her on an antibiotic last Thursday in hopes that whatever she is fighting will finally get the heck out of her system for good! This nonsense has gone on WAY too long. Today was Katherine's first day back to school in what feels like forever. She was SOOOO excited to go back. :)

Last week was a ton of fun as I had a girls night out with the ladies from my couple's group. We all got our nails done at a local salon. SOO fun!!! Chris watched the girls and when I got home, both girls were sound asleep!! A+++ for Daddy!

Friday we finally managed to organize a dinner with our friends Shane and Brittany. We have been trying to get together with them for something like 4 months! Ridiculous! Anyway, we FINALLY managed to not have anyone deathly ill or some scheduling conflict, so they came over for dinner. Brittany is also Katherine's teacher at school...whom she ADORES. Everything we hear is "Mrs. Maze this and Mrs. Maze that." Shane is also the contemporary music director at church, so he comes in and sings songs with the kids on Wednesday mornings. So when Katherine found out that Mrs. Maze and Mr. Shane were coming over for dinner she just about burst from excitement! When the doorbell rang, she sprinted to the door to answer it "all by myself." Such a cutie!

Brittany is an awesome photographer, so she brought her camera along with her and took pictures of the girls while dinner was finishing cooking. Some of her shots are below. I SO wish I could take pictures 1/2 as good as she does! :) Of course Katherine refused to let me fix her hair, so she looks like she just stuck her hand in a light socket, but aside from that, the pictures are wonderful!! What's a mom to do?! :) Brittany is going to take our Christmas card pictures, which I am THRILLED about. :) Now...we just need to get the darn Christmas tree up, so that we can take the pictures! :)

This weekend was crazy. We went to dinner at our next door neighbor's house on Saturday night. It was really nice, but a bit hectic as Katherine was still running a fever. So, Mom, dad and I rotated watching her at home, while the rest of us were over at the neighbor's eating. We were pooped by the time we got home! :) (The neighbor's daughter was there and 8 months pregnant, so we didn't want to take a chance of getting her sick!) Sunday we had lunch at Grammie and Gray Gray's with GiGi and Joe Joe. It was a lot of fun as Katherine hasn't seen Gi GI and Joe Joe in weeks due to her illness. Then Sunday afternoon I had a 4 hour...yes I said 4 hour...chruch meeting. SO...Christopher was on his own...with both girls...for 4 1/2 hours! I was really worried that both girls would give him a fit, but when I got home, they were both happy as clams! Caroline apparently only cried for about 15 minutes and that was right before I got home, so she was getting tired. Amazing!! Again...A+++++ for Daddy!!

Today Katherine went back to school...FINALLY! :) YAY! She was thrilled to be back and ran into the classroom and immediately hugged Mrs. Maze. It was very cute.

Caroline and I headed across the street to Dr. W's office for our 4 month well visit. She was such a happy little camper!! Dr. W said that she is one healthy kiddo!! We get to start on rice cereal anytime now as she is getting so big! He also said that the rice cereal would probably help with the spitting up, so I guess we shall see!! :) Pictures to come soon!! Her stats are as follows:

Weight: 13 lbs. 13.4oz. (50th percentile)
Height: 25 1/4" (90th percentile)
Head Circumference: 16 1/4" (50th percentile)

Now if you had asked me before the appointment how big she was, I would have sworn she was a full pound or two heavier than Katherine was at this point...I was totally wrong! A four months old Katherine was 13lbs. 14 oz (so basically the same), 24 3/4" long (a 1/2" shorter than Caroline) and had a head circumference of 16" (1/4" smaller than Caroline). I was totally shocked! Guess that means both of my girls are going to long and lean!!!

Caroline got two shots and was NOT a happy camper about that! She will go back next week for two additional shots and then we are done until 6 months old! :) She's sleeping peacefully now in her swing! :)

Well here are some of Brittany's pictures! (They aren't the full image as I had to download them from a site, but once I get the real images from her on disk, I can send those out.) :) Hope you enjoy!!

Katherine's Pictures:


Caroline's Pictures: