So the idea of having two girls is slowly sinking in with Chris and I. Before the ultrasound the thought of two kids wasn't really sinking in for me, but now that I know it's a girl, it makes it more real! Now if could only figure out names that we like...ugh! I swear the naming thing is the hardest part of having kids! And of course since I am a planner I like to figure all of that out...right NOW...too bad it doesn't work that way! :)
Since last Thursday we have been SUPER busy! Friday was a cleaning the house day, then Saturday we had Katherine's 2nd birthday party with my parents and grandparents and lots of presents from Virginia! Katherine was quite the little entertainer during her party. We had a lot of fun and Katherine definitely now likes to open presents...a definite difference between this year and last! She also likes icing on the cake this year...last year she refused to eat the icing and made a horrible face whenever she got some. It was funny.
Sunday I was exhausted so Chris let me sleep in while he and Katherine tore into her new presents and played all morning. After that we assembled the new swing set in the back yard...which Katherine LOVES. Every night before bed she has to look outside and make sure that it's still there. haha.
Monday was a catch up day for work at the shop and running errands all over the place.
Tuesday we had Lab School and then Katherine's first appointment with our new pediatrician (Dr. H). We LOVE the new pediatrician and Katherine even gave him high 5 before we left...major points in the mom's book! We have to go back for our official "2 year" appointment in a few weeks, but from the prelim appointment, Katherine is healthy as a horse and still a bit on the lean side...but he said that's just her, so not to worry! One benefit for her is that she gets to stay on whole milk instead of switching to skim like the old folks! Ha! I think Daddy is more excited about this as he likes to sneak in glasses of whole milk every once in a while. :)
Wednesday was Bible study day and work at the shop.
Today (Thursday) we had our 21 week check up on baby girl #2 and everything is just peachy. Katherine got to hear her baby sister's heartbeat and she was mesmerized by the sound...though I doubt that she knew what the heck it was. :) All of our tests came back negative (a good thing!) and all of the ultrasound measurements were perfect. Now we just wait until July to meet her! :)
Here are some pictures from Katherine's party this weekend. I guess I'll have to get Chris to take some "belly" pictures of me this weekend to post as I now definitely have a baby belly. :)
Have a great weekend!!
Playing with all of my balloons.
Opening lots of presents.
Cake and icing all over my face!
My first swing on the new swing set...it was still in progress at this point.
I love the slide!
No comments:
Post a Comment